Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of adobe photoshop should an ametuer photographer
I want to buy photoshop for my computer, but there are so many different types of photoshop I don't know what to buy! I was planning on getting it on ebay cheap but some photoshops are a little too cheap. What are student versions and how do I know what is the best for me. Please help!
the only version out is CS4 and if you want it badly i could get you it for free..My Dad works for Adobe! Since you are a begginer i would advise you to get CS4 plain, not extended but the factor also depends on what you are going to do..If ONLY photography, then get CS4 Extended...contact me if you have any questions at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:cpuhelp@ymail.com">cpuhelp@ymail.com</a><!-- e -->

hope this helped!
::lakerskp21::
Before you spend money on Photoshop, why do you try this? Use a free graphic application called the GIMP:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gimp.org">http://www.gimp.org</a><!-- m -->

GIMP is a very capable graphic application with lots of great features. You can give it a try, see how things go with your business, and invest in PS later on.
Light Room
I have been working with a very old photoshop version called elements 5. the Ps elements series have an easier interface to use than the more powerful cs3 and cs4 programs do. it's a pretty good place to start in my opinion.

at first it may seem very limited, but I found you can do many things with it. layers, masking, brushes, combining pictures, retouching and editing, it's not too bad.

but then again you may want a stronger version than that. up to you =]
As a photographer also, Photoshop Elements is fine for editing and even improving on your digital images and scans. So if you want to stay at around $100 or less, get Elements 7, the latest. As with any of the Photoshop programs it will take some learning to become really good with it. You will find some excellent serires of courses online here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eclecticacademy.com/">http://www.eclecticacademy.com/</a><!-- m --> BTW, buy and register Elements in legal fashion and when a later version comes out you will be able to get a $20 rebate. Does not apply to bundled software that comes with a hardware purchase.

If you are willing to spend in the $200+ range then Lightroom 2.0 is a very very good Photoshop program for the photographer.

Student versions -- must be enrolled in formal eductional institution and be able to prove it. Programs can be used legally as long as you are a student. Not for commercial purposes.

I bought CS2 and PS6 on Ebay and everything was fine. However, it was not cheap. I would also suspect the "too cheap" sales.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photoshop Clone Stamp Tool Dotart 1 59,292 03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Helen
  On Photoshop elements 7 is it possible to colour in a hand d Meza 2 6,723 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Prather
  How do you use Photoshop to color Drawings? Johnston 3 7,641 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Huber
  What's the difference between photoshop and photoshop elemen Mai 4 7,927 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Janice
  What is the difference of normal Adobe Photoshop and Photosh Willmon 2 6,530 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Michae1
  Adobe Photoshop: How to make a photo look like a Japanese wo Ramirez 1 5,965 01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crum
  What photoshop program is the best to use for changing facia Brand 4 8,207 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Lewis
  Which Photoshop is best for simply coloring images and drawi Combs 1 5,903 01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Cohen
  What kind of Photoshop project should I do for Digital Desig Howard666 1 5,922 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Nieman
  What Photoshop version is the best for drawing and coloring? Warren 3 7,554 01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Tuttle