Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you use Photoshop to color Drawings?
Yeah i'm an all out artist in drawing stuff and various of video game things onto a piece of paper. Lately when i scan pictures i usually color them in paint which takes a very long time. I've rescently came across photoshop and i have NO CLUE how to use it. How do i use photoshop to color a drawing or sketch that i've made. If not then does any one know where theres a tutorial in shading, colors, highlights, and basics in coloring an image or drawing somewhere on the net?. Much thanks appreciated.
Adobe Photoshop is a complex program. First, I would like to say that Photoshop is used for altering photos. Adobe Illustrator is used for illustrations. If you want to paint, sketch, color, etc, you need Adobe Illustrator. You said that you have already bought the program, so you might as well learn how to use it. If you go to Adobe's website or photoshop.com you educate yourself through tutorials there. As well as, there is the help button on the main tool bar. My advice, if you really want to learn how to use any of Adobe's CS3 programs, like the one you have, take a class.
It should come with a tutorial, but the first thing that popped into m head was the paint bucket. If you select (with the arrow) a region, then find the paint bucket tool on the toolbar (hint: it looks like a bucket of paint!) then click back onto the selected area, it should fill it in with the color (you'll also have to select a color)

Photoshop is a fantastic app, but it's a bit of a bear when you're first getting the hang of it. It's probably a good idea to save your work often, and if you screw up, there's the History tool, which is akin to an "Undo" feature, which you can use to get back to where you were before you made the mistake.

Hope this helps. I'm probably too old to be of real help. Maybe ask a fifth grader! Smile
lydia.com for tuts on photoshop...if you ever get a chance to take any of Bert Monroys I highly recommend it. Your in the right ballpark for what you want,since your primary input is scanned artwork. Both Illy and PS have benefits and downfalls. Combine the 2 for the best results. Maybe give CorelDraw a try

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photoshop Clone Stamp Tool Dotart 1 59,287 03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Helen
  What type of adobe photoshop should an ametuer photographer Theresa 5 11,040 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Dustin
  On Photoshop elements 7 is it possible to colour in a hand d Meza 2 6,721 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Prather
  What's the difference between photoshop and photoshop elemen Mai 4 7,924 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Janice
  What is the difference of normal Adobe Photoshop and Photosh Willmon 2 6,527 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Michae1
  Adobe Photoshop: How to make a photo look like a Japanese wo Ramirez 1 5,965 01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crum
  What photoshop program is the best to use for changing facia Brand 4 8,206 01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Lewis
  Which Photoshop is best for simply coloring images and drawi Combs 1 5,902 01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Cohen
  What kind of Photoshop project should I do for Digital Desig Howard666 1 5,921 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Nieman
  What Photoshop version is the best for drawing and coloring? Warren 3 7,554 01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Tuttle