Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you put a white boarder around a cartoon image in Gim
I saw this picture on DeviantArt a couple of months ago where this guy drew Hiccup and Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon on photoshop or something. He first drew the two characters and colored them in; then colored in a background. After he was done with that he did this effect where he added a white border around Hiccup and Toothless to separate them from the background and make them look 3 Dimensional. I was wondering how you'd do that effect on Gimp or photoshop.
Posting the pic would help me. Only thing I can suggest right now is to use your path tool to create a custom path and then click stoke path and click on use paint brush and maybe the brush dynamics. TO get more specific I would need the link to the illustration. hxxp: www. youtube. com / watch?v=EBJTmwYiX80&playnext=1&list=PLAA5A91245F467A93&index=7 this guy has a TON of easy to understand tutorials. This one is for the more advanced users used to the various tools and layers and effects. He has many many tutorials for beginners / intermediate users.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Reduce an Image in Gimp without Destorting the image Clyde 3 5,776 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Fort
  How do you download a gimp image on deviantart? Chieftain 1 4,496 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Calvert
  How do you smart scissor a image on gimp and cut the backgro Brooke 2 4,214 01-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Ambrose
  How do I make image backgrounds transparent using Gimp? Warrior 3 5,559 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Alfie
  How can I copy and Image from Gimp over to Powerpoint while Brushwood 2 4,065 01-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Helpful