Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I copy and Image from Gimp over to Powerpoint while
Every time I try to set the image to be transparent t the background in PowerPoint, its messes up. The white parts of the image blend in with the background which screws everything up. I figured I could solve this by download gimp. In gimp I made the picture transparent but when I copy and paste it over to PowerPoint, only the outline of the image shows. What gives? How can I fix this?
transparency files are gif (low), png (medium), and eps (high quality)

test some of the clip art that comes with office ,and view file format, probably gif or png,
files like tif, jpg, bmp, are not transparent,

Powerpoint (when you insert file, right click for edit options)
hxxp: office. microsoft. com / en-us / powerpoint / default. aspx
images listed are jpg and wmf windows metafile / semi vector format,
hxxp: www. wikipedia. org / wiki / Windows_Metafile
the metafile is more compatible and transparent for Office use,

if you are using png of gif, that do work, test file pp-slide for appearance, if other users try to re-edit, those file may create glitches, so if you have png, convert as wmf and test again,

Gimp ~image editor,
hxxp: gimp-win. sourceforge. net / stable. html
gimp does not have wmf export or plugin, use png or eps,

Inkscape illustrator has import for wmf and export via python plugin, ~ try saving export as png if used,
hxxp: www. inkscape. org / screenshots / index. php?lang=en

PhotoPlus opens wmf, but not transparent,
hxxp: www. freeserifsoftware. com / software / PhotoPlus /
DrawPlus opens wmf, as transparent, and exports,
hxxp: www. freeserifsoftware. com / software / DrawPlus / default. asp
requires registration via email ~ freeware
. .
Just use GIMP to save the file as a PNG, and then import the file into PowerPoint. Copy and paste won't work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how can u make a sticker bigger the 100x80 using gimp? Messenger 1 4,811 01-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Barclay
  I have a problem with GIMP 2.6? Brent 1 4,657 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Last Post: GreatProtector
  how to save SVG in GIMP 2.6? Clarence 2 5,578 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: FromtheOldTown
  Besides GIMP what free online photo editing software allows NativeofBrittany 3 6,176 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: TheBadger
  How to Reduce an Image in Gimp without Destorting the image Clyde 3 5,848 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Fort
  How do you uploade pictures from Gimp 2 onto Deviantart? Clive 1 4,595 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Carney
  How do i change a animated gimp xcf to a animated gif? Alfie 1 4,547 01-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Clyde
  what is the difference between GIMP and PhotoShop in designi Blair 2 5,363 01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: NeartheCliff
  How do you put a white boarder around a cartoon image in Gim FromtheOldManor 1 4,549 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Warlike
  How to open animation on gimp without it going pixalized? GreatAmbition 1 4,279 01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Last Post: CurlyHaired