Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping the quality on a photo when converted to .jpg from .
Okay, so I have GIMP2.6 and I'm using it right now to draw some things for my shop. When I'm finished I save the picture as _____.xcf. Then, after that I convert it to _____.jpg or _____.jpeg I go to Photobucket to upload the photo then I look at it full screen and it ends up losing the sharpness/quality it had before. This also happens when I open the picture on Microsoft Paint. I keep getting irritated because my pictures aren't coming out right. Can someone please help me? The bad quality makes the picture lose its...appeal. ):
Oh, okay. I got it. Thanks PFCAnde. :3
If I remember right, when you first save the picture, you can choose the format. So try skipping that .xcf and just save it as a .jpg. make sure you choose the highest quality. Also, make sure that there isn't, what GIMP calls, "Transperency." JPEG can't handle it. That's those little gray squares around the outside of the picture after you move it or crop it or something. So get rid of that yourself by shrinking the area down the the edges of your actual picture. If GIMP has to get rid of the Transperency for you, it might lose some quality.

Your Welcome

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Besides GIMP what free online photo editing software allows NativeofBrittany 3 6,020 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: TheBadger
  How do I delete gimp photo editor off my mac? Barclay 1 4,163 01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Clive
  GIMP photo editting - How do I make a selection blend in wit Bear 1 3,922 01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Brice